Thursday, February 6, 2014

Pity Party Police

After a couple concerned phone calls and emails, I should let you all know that my brief Pity Party is over.

 

Today is a new day, as they say.  And the kids and I switched things up a bit to get a new perspective.  We walked a new route to school (surprising what a difference that makes).  I upped our Vitamin D doses.  I kept my eyes up, admiring the sky and trees instead of head down to the ground, watching for piles of poop and black ice.  I put on an extra layer of clothing and stayed out of the apartment this morning, getting errands done that required being out and about.  And I planned out a warm, mid-spring long weekend for us (details to come!) and finished planning out our summer, including an annual girls weekend away with some of my besties. 

Believe me, I know how good I've got it.  And I know the kids will be just fine, regardless of where they go to school.  After all, they aren't the first kids to hate school. 

But considering that the only two other states I've ever lived in were California and Hawaii...well, you'll understand if the dreary winter blues hit me harder than most. 

Ella's drink of choice: steamed milk with honey and a dash of cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment