Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Dad

I will keep this short because I really want to keep this blog about our family's fun adventures.  But it would be strange to keep writing this without letting you know about something that has impacted my life greatly.  My father, Bill Kelly, passed away yesterday.


He was generous, funny, smart, inquisitive, curious, opinionated, caring, empathetic, and so, so loving.  He never ended a phone call without saying, "Love you, Sweet."  He made sure that I always knew how much he loved me and how proud he was of me.  Nothing left unsaid. 

 

Kevin reminds me a lot of him in some ways and I'm guessing that's why they got along so well.  He devoured books, getting a weekly stack from the library.  He was a news junkie, reading every single source of news he could find.  The internet was made for him.  And he shared what he learned, wanting others to learn, too.  He had a good, good heart and he always not only rooted for those whom he felt were being wronged or shortchanged, but held out his hand to pull them up.

I will miss him more than I can eloquently tell you here.  But my heart knows.



No comments:

Post a Comment