Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Proof of Life

Lest any of you thought I did something terrible to the little monsters who ruined my weekend, here's proof that they're still breathing.

We just received a nice winter pick-me-up from my sister Laura in Colorado - a new scarf for each of us (handmade by her) and some goodies for the kids.  Thanks Aunt Laura!


Today was Author Celebration Day in Ella's second grade class.  The kids got to show off to the parents a few books they've written in class over the last few weeks...
...and recite some poems...
Holden's class had something similar earlier this week but believe it or not, I didn't take any pictures.  Considering I average about 30 pictures a day, I'm really not sure how that happened - must not have had my coffee.

Today is the first day of spring and you'd never know it.  Yesterday's snow has melted off, so that's something at least.  But the wind is still bitterly cold.  On the bright side, I've spent my time cooped up indoors doing a lot of sewing.  Shhh, don't tell the kids but I made these hungry bunnies for their Easter baskets -
I'm finishing up a spring top I started a few months ago.  I'll post a picture when (if) I finally finish it.
The kids have been crafty, too.  Since we weren't able to bring most of our craft supplies to NY with us, I signed the kids up for this great monthly craft box from Kiwi Crate.  Each month they get a new box with a theme and supplies and instructions to make things.  This month's theme is Secret Agent and the kids got to make disguises and gear for spying.  Here's Secret Agent #1 -
And this is my effort to create some order in this tiny household so that possibly we will have fewer moments where I want to tear my hair out and/or put them out front of the building with a FREE sign on them -
Day two of The List and so far, so good.






No comments:

Post a Comment