Thursday, March 21, 2013

A Not-So-Spring Top

I started this top about 6 months ago with my friend SungSim.  I was trying to teach her to sew and chose a terrible first project.  It turned out to be not as beginner as I thought and we never finished it together.  I hope she's finished hers by now.  I'm going to ask her today.  Anyway, SungSim if you're reading - I'm sorry I chose a difficult project! 

I know what my mom's going to say - a BLACK spring top??  And I don't disagree, but this is New York.  Also, I chose this tissue paper thin fabric which made the sewing difficult and I'm convinced the first time I try to wash it it will dissolve in the machine.  But it feels good to have finished it.  I hate having half finished projects laying around (and there are still a few left). 
The best part is that in addition to keeping me out of the cold, taking sewing back up has also allowed me to get back into audio books.  I just about finished The Twelve Tribes of Hattie in the last day and a half which is from Oprah's Book Club 2.0 (which I thought was 3.0 because didn't she go through a classics phase?).  Anyway, good read (or listen).



No comments:

Post a Comment