Thursday, March 2, 2017

Woodstock, Unplugged

When I looked back at my last post to see where I had left off, it seems like years ago.  Was Valentine's Day just two weeks ago?



 

The kids and I continued to resist the new administration over the last two weeks and hold them accountable.  We rallied at the Department of Homeland Security and I've continued to attend a Sunday night get together of like-minded citizens to brainstorm and take action as a group.


Last week was Ella's mid-winter break from school and we all completely unplugged.

 

I didn't read news, check email or Facebook ALL WEEK LONG.  It felt SO good and was so needed for my piece of mind.  We had a wonderful nine days up in Woodstock - some quiet family days, some raucous fun days with friends.  A perfect blend of the two.






Snow tubing!
Snow tubing!


Hanging a new bird feeder in our yard

Kevin and Ella built and hung a swing

I started a new hobby - embroidery



A gorgeous hike to Kaaterskill Falls





Kevin and the kids skied and tried moguls for the first time



It was a beautiful week filled with hikes, skiing, snow tubing, eating, sleeping, drinking, making fires, being creative, being social and being antisocial.  We all returned to the city recharged and ready for the new week.

 

Kevin and I were even offered free opera tickets on Monday night and enjoyed an impromptu date night in what has become my favorite spot in New York City: Lincoln Center.



Pinch me.

No comments:

Post a Comment