Monday, January 9, 2017

If You're Going to San Francisco, Be Sure to Wear Some Flowers in Your Hair

I'M BACK!!!

Actually, I never left but life just got in the way of blogging, as it often does.

To save you spending an hour or more reading about our last three weeks, I'll split our adventures into two very dense blog posts.  I'll keep the text to a minimum and let the photos speak for themselves.



We spent a wonderful week in the Bay Area over Christmas.  What made it one of our better trips home was that we didn't plan anything ahead of time other than seeing family.  That took a lot of stress and overscheduling off my plate.  It did mean however, that we didn't get to see as many friends as we would have loved to see.  As our time permitted, we popped in on friends here and there.  We also had time to play tourist in our own city.















We went to the top of Coit Tower - something I had never done before, believe it or not.











We had TWO great Christmases - the first just the four of us with Grandma and Grandpa on the actual Christmas morning, and the second a couple days later with Kevin's sister and her family.












We drove north to Sonoma County to see two of my sisters and spent the day enjoying my eldest sister's mini-farm of animals.






And then we ended our trip with a beautiful walk on my favorite beach with family and our dogs.  I have to say, it was pretty hard to leave.










My mom is off on another of her amazing adventures, RVing around Southern California and Arizona, escaping the cold for the winter.  So unfortunately, we didn't get to see her this trip.  But we had a chance to spend some good quality time with Kevin's parents, his sister Maxine, her husband Sean, and our adorable and spunky nieces Rowan and Piper.  A perfect way to wrap up 2016.


No comments:

Post a Comment