Friday, June 12, 2015

TCB Week

This was Taking Care of Business Week.

Before the rush of summer break began in earnest we visited the dentist, orthodontist, doctor, got haircuts, filled the kitchen with food, cleaned house, did too many loads of laundry, and basically, kicked butt.


And in between we named the turtles in Central Park, took silly selfies, and ate too many ice cream cones.






And then Francesca arrived!  She and her mom Shauna flew in Thursday morning.  Shauna will just stay the weekend but Francesca will be with us for two weeks and she and Ella will be enjoying themselves in a theater summer camp.  Holden starts his two-week tennis camp on Monday as well.  So you know what that means for me, right?!?  Two weeks of entire days to myself.  All alone.  No kids.  No teaching.  No feeding small people.  It's been over a year since I've had that.  I'm not sure what I'll do with myself.  But it will be quiet, whatever it is.







In the meantime, we beat the heat and humidity today in Central Park picnicking, playing in sprinklers, and eating more ice cream.





Happy Friday, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment