Thursday, May 29, 2014

A Day at the Ballet

Oh you know, just your ordinary Thursday afternoon spent at The Metropolitan Opera House.


After six years of having children in school, I've finally figured out the art of selective volunteering.  When Ella started preschool I jumped at being the class parent.  By elementary school I was recruited to be on the PTA, helping with fundraisers, taking notes at meetings.  By third grade I've finally learned to just volunteer for the fun stuff. 


Today I got to chaperone Ella's class field trip to see The Young People's Ballet Workshop at the Metropolitan Opera House in Lincoln Square.  This is the 20th year that the American Ballet Theater has brought students from around the New York metropolitan area to introduce them to ballet.  More than three thousand elementary students and I were entertained for an hour and a half with a variety of different forms of classical dance.


Holden was happy to miss it.  He was busy doing his own kind of dance.


1 comment:

  1. I hear you, Gretch - volunteering for the fun stuff - what little I was able to do, got us the HMB Pumpkin Festival, La Boheme, Ashland Shakespeare Festival & more. Glad you are having so much fun.
    Cabin? Seriously....

    ReplyDelete