Friday, January 24, 2014

525,600 Minutes - How Do You Measure A Year?

Well people, it's been 365 days since we first flew from San Francisco to New York as a family.  And I can tell you, it feels like exactly a year.  Not more, not less.  And I think the reason it feels like a year is because of the seasons.  Never before has weather dictated so much of my life.  Never has it been the first thing I thought of when I woke up each morning.  I check my weather app on my phone several times a day: before I get dressed; to decide if our weekend will be spent outside or inside; to see if the kids will be able to play in the playground after school; to decide if I'll leave the apartment to go to yoga (not today people - my phone tells me with wind chill it feels like -6 degrees).  And so I thought a fitting tribute to celebrate our year of adventure in New York City would be a photo essay showing our four distinct seasons.  All photos are in chronological order.




I think Holden needs a new jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment