Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Sew Much Sewing

A few projects I completed in the last week or so (mostly while Holden was sick):

A set of napkins for my friend who knit me an awesome scarf for my birthday last year (for you sewists, the idea is from Film in the Fridge).


A tote bag (for me) out of a great IKEA fabric I've been hording for the last 3 years (again, for sewists, the pattern is from Weekend Sewing).

A maxi dress for Ella out of some knit fabric I picked up on my excursion into the Garment District a couple weeks ago (loosely based on a pattern from Lil Blue Boo, but heavily modified).


And a tank dress for myself (that I just made up as I went along).  The fabric was clingy-er than I expected.  Va-va-va-voom!  I won't be wearing this to pick up the kids at school.
So I'll likely be wearing it like this instead.




No comments:

Post a Comment